Monday, May 19, 2008

Welcome to "insert cheesy resturant here"

Welcome to Moe's!!!
Welcome to Coldstone!!!
Welcome to Firehouse!!!

PLEASE JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

The list goes on and it's starting to drive me crazy!!! What's the deal with the cheezy ass greetings when I go out to eat? No only is it annoying but is PAINFUL!!!

These places are saying "WELCOME"...um....I already know where I am, because it's on the door and I made up my mind about 30 minutes ago where I wanted to eat! Oh yeah, and I was just here last week!!! So, what if I forget something in my car and come back in? Do I have to hear WELCOME TO MOE's again??? Does that violate a major company policy? What if I walk in half way and then walk out??? Everybody says "WELCOME TO MOE's"....but nobody says THANKS, PLEASE COME AGAIN, or HAVE A GREAT DAY? Wat up wit dat???

Not only do I get tired of hearing the off key, not at the same time, and unenthusiastic staff.....I think the staff is tired of saying it!!! Hell, I think they are tired of saying "WELCOME TO MOE's!!!" by the time they get to their 2nd customer. You know there is some corny ass manager or corporate stiff that thinks this is so cool and really helps their business. Guess what Moe's??? It doesn't and I will still eat at your restaurant if you didn't shout "WELCOME TO MOE's!" every 30 secs! Trust me, I don't think any patrons are going to report a store because they weren't greeted with "WELCOME TO MOE's!!!?

So, now that the staff is pissed off about saying their chant every 30 secs....guess what??? As a paying customer.......I'M TIRED OF HEARING "WELCOME TO MOEs!!!" I just want to sit down and enjoy my meal in peace and quiet. So not only is it annoying....I think it's dumb and a waste of the staff's energy!!! The staff at BOA doesn't say "WELCOME TO BANK OF AMERICA!!!" neither does my dry cleaner, grocery store, or any other place I shop or eat.

Moe's and other corny ass restaurants....take a page from the Wal-Mart book. Just hire a senior cit zen as a greeter and have them place a sticker on my shirt....THANKS!!! Besides, I like it when they touch my 46" chest!!! I'm jus' sayin'!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You can't use I'm jus sayin' - that's MY line! Besides, I think we all know what's really going on here - you want to be a Moe's greeter after you retire, but so far you've been rejected. It's ok, myabe one day your dream will come true!

Susan said...

If what G says in true, you could always work your way up to the "Eat at Moe's" greeter by interviewing for the Walmart greeter. Not only do you get to tell everyone hello, but you also get to try to force carts on them.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Ok so the Wal-Mart greeters in your area give out stickers?? Maaaaaaaaaan, I am so jealous.

Oh yeah almost forgot...Welcome to the Blogsphere! *lol*

-OG

The CEO said...

Wng sent me. She never says 'Welcome to G's". Of course, she doesn't use word verification either, does she.

Part-Time Blogger said...

Hey....I don't if I'm doing this right??? But, I just want to thank all you guys for checking out my blog. I'm still very new to this and I don't know the bloggin' code/ethics, so excuse any blog laws I may break in these first couple of weeks.

Unknown said...

Well look who showed up on his own blog!

Part-Time Blogger said...

Um??? I guess I'm not supposed to do that???

Unknown said...

Yes you are doofus! You're just not supposed to take so long to do it:)

Don't feel bad about the doofus part, you know you are first in my heart...